Ingredients: 2-3 servings.
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 egg shells sugar
- 2 egg shells dry white wine (low acidity)
- 2 egg shells cava
Sometimes a recipe requires less precision and only needs an egg shell as a measurement.
The recipe is an alternative to the white wine sabayon. We're replacing half the wine with cava (brut or semi dry).
- Put the egg yolks in a sauce pan, add the cava, wine and sugar.
- The stove should be on low heat.
- Continually whisk energetically. In the beginning the mixture should foam.
- Gradually the foaming will decrease and the liquid becomes thicker and thicker.
- Continue whisking well until the cream starts to make light folds. Take the pan off the stove and keep whisking. You should have a smooth and soft cream.
- Use as dessert or as ingredient. It can also serve as a sauce.
Tools used: Whisk, silicone spatula.