Creamy wine sabayon has multiple uses, including as a dessert sauce.
Ingredients: 2-3 servings.
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 egg shells sugar
- 2 egg shells dry white wine (low acidity)
- 2 egg shells cava
Sometimes a recipe requires less precision and only needs an egg shell as a measurement.
The recipe is an alternative to the white wine sabayon. We're replacing half the wine with cava (brut or semi dry).
- Put the egg yolks in a sauce pan, add the cava, wine and sugar.
- The stove should be on low heat.
- Continually whisk energetically. In the beginning the mixture should foam.
- Gradually the foaming will decrease and the liquid becomes thicker and thicker.
- Continue whisking well until the cream starts to make light folds. Take the pan off the stove and keep whisking. You should have a smooth and soft cream.
- Use as dessert or as ingredient. It can also serve as a sauce.
Tools used: Whisk, silicone spatula.
More Cream Recipes!
Chocolate lovers are going to appreciate the aroma coming from this one.
Strictly used as a filling cream, the hazelnut cream combines well with other flavours except maybe sourness.
Smooth silky orange cream. Can also be used as a warm sauce for ice cream.
Its refined taste and texture surpasses the mousse variant.
With a similar versatility as pastry cream, lemon curd isn't as commonly used in patisserie.
Pastry cream is very versatile as it combines well with many flavours. But you may enjoy it as an individual dessert too!