Ingredients: 3-4 servings
- 115 g quality chocolate
- 30 g powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 cl cream 35%
- 20 cl whole milk
- 3 egg yolks
Both dark- and milk chocolate work well in this recipe.
- Finely chop the chocolate, even if they are chocolate chips.
- Blend the yolks with the sugar. Lightly mix, you don't want it to foam too much.
- Bring milk and cream to a boil and remove from stove. Add the vanilla.
- Pour the liquid gradually into the yolk-sugar mix while slowly whisking, until everything is well combined.
- Pour this mixture back into the sauce pan and warm up on medium heat. Slowly whisk until it becomes creamy. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour some of this cream on the chopped chocolate and stir with a spatula. Add some more and stir again. Repeat until there's no cream left.
- Stir well but slowly until you have a smooth and shiny chocolate cream.
- Use as a filling or as individual dessert.
Tools used: Whisk, food processor or grater, silicone spatula.