Chocolate lovers are going to appreciate the aroma coming from this one.
Ingredients: 3-4 servings
- 115 g quality chocolate
- 30 g powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 cl cream 35%
- 20 cl whole milk
- 3 egg yolks
Both dark and milk chocolate work well in this recipe.
- Finely chop the chocolate, even if they are chocolate chips.
- Blend the yolks with the sugar. Lightly mix, you don't want it to foam too much.
- Bring milk and cream to a boil and remove from stove. Add the vanilla.
- Pour the liquid gradually into the yolk-sugar mix while slowly whisking, until everything is well combined.
- Pour this mixture back into the sauce pan and warm up on medium heat. Slowly whisk until it becomes creamy. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour some of this cream on the chopped chocolate and stir with a spatula. Add some more and stir again. Repeat until there's no cream left.
- Stir well but slowly until you have a smooth and shiny chocolate cream.
- Use as a filling or as individual dessert.
Tools used: Whisk, food processor or grater, silicone spatula.
More Cream Recipes!
Creamy wine sabayon has multiple uses, including as a dessert sauce.
Strictly used as a filling cream, the hazelnut cream combines well with other flavours except maybe sourness.
Smooth silky orange cream. Can also be used as a warm sauce for ice cream.
Its refined taste and texture surpasses the mousse variant.
With a similar versatility as pastry cream, lemon curd isn't as commonly used in patisserie.
Pastry cream is very versatile as it combines well with many flavours. But you may enjoy it as an individual dessert too!