Ingredients for approx. 500 g:
- 200 g semi-sweet dark chocolate (50%)
- 3 large eggs
- 12 cl cream (at least 35%)
- 15 g butter
- 30 g powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt x2
- Pinch of instant coffee (optional)
- Bring cream to a boil and pour it over the grated chocolate (or chocolate chips). Stir to dissolve completely.
- Let cool until it's warm to the finger, then add butter in small pieces. Stir to dissolve.
- Separate eggs. Beat egg yolks with sugar until it's pale yellow. Add pinch of salt and if you want, a pinch of instant coffee. Stir to blend.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until firm.
- Fold beaten egg yolks with near cold chocolate mixture using a spatula. Add egg whites and fold again from under to over, until homogeneous.
- Pour in dessert trays and refrigerate. Or refrigerate the chocolate mousse 45 minutes to 1 hour for use in piping bag with decorating nozzle (to fill trays).
This chocolate mousse can also be used as a filling.
Tools used: Whisk, hand mixer, silicone spatula, mixing bowls.