Strictly used as a filling cream, the hazelnut cream combines well with other flavours except maybe sourness.
Ingredients for approx. 350 g cream:
- 115 g soft butter
- 110 powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp rum
- 100 g hazelnut powder
- pinch of instant coffee
- Dice the butter and let it come to room temperature. If necessary, soften butter some more in microwave. Do not melt!
- Combine sugar with butter, whisk energetically until creamy.
- Mix in the rum, vanilla and instant coffee.
- Lastly, mix in the hazelnut powder. Whisk until fully blended.
- Use as filling for pies/cakes and individual pastries.
Tools used: Whisk, mixing bowl, silicone spatula.
More Cream Recipes!
Creamy wine sabayon has multiple uses, including as a dessert sauce.
Chocolate lovers are going to appreciate the aroma coming from this one.
Smooth silky orange cream. Can also be used as a warm sauce for ice cream.
Its refined taste and texture surpasses the mousse variant.
With a similar versatility as pastry cream, lemon curd isn't as commonly used in patisserie.
Pastry cream is very versatile as it combines well with many flavours. But you may enjoy it as an individual dessert too!