Lemon Bavarois Cup
Chilled well, this could be the next best thing after ice cream on a warm day.
Lemon already has that freshness so often used for the same reason. If necessary, the cream can be replaced with soy cream and the sugar with Splenda.
That would make the dessert more suitable for, for example, people with CKD (chronic kidney disease).
- 200 ml milk
- 200 ml water
- 100 ml cream 35%
- Juice 1 lemon
- Peel 1 lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 6 gelatin sheets (about 12 g)
- 60 g sugar (or sweetener like sucralose, adjusted weight)
- Some lemon zest
- Wash the lemon thoroughly. Remove the peel with a thin peeler. Cut it into small pieces. Squeeze the juice out of the lemon.
- Put the gelatin sheets in cold water.
- Bring water to boil with the lemon peel. Take off the stove and let it infuse for 10 minutes. Sift the water to remove the lemon skin.
- Add the softened gelatin sheets in the warm lemon water. Stir to dissolve.
- Lightly beat the eggs with sugar and cream. Stop when everything is well mixed and most of the sugar is dissolved. It's not supposed to foam too much.
- Add the milk and then lemon water with the lemon juice. Stir!
- Pour the liquid in ceramic cups or small trays and leave to cool in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with lemon zest.
Tools used: Whisk, knife, sieve, zester.