Creamy Lemon Curd
With a similar versatility as pastry cream, lemon curd isn't as commonly used in patisserie. That may be unfortunate.
Ingredients: 7-8 servings
- 6 eggs
- 250 g powdered sugar
- 60 g unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 6 medium lemons
Use zest of the 6 lemons and juice of 4.
- Peel lemons with a thin peeler and cut into small pieces.
- Warm up the juice of 4 lemons in a small pan and add the zest. Remove from stove. Let it infuse for 15 minutes.
- Sift the juice to separate zest. Whisk the sugar with the juice.
- Beat the 6 eggs.
- On medium fire, whisk the sugar-juice mix with the beaten eggs. Keep whisking until you get a shiny, thick cream. Do not let it boil! it should never reach boiling point. You don't want scrambled eggs.
- Only add the butter when the cream reaches 50°C or around it. Add butter in small pieces for quicker dissolve.
- Use as individual dessert or as ingredient for other desserts.
Tools used: Whisk, thin peeler, silicone spatula, sieve.
More Cream Recipes!
Creamy wine sabayon has multiple uses, including as a dessert sauce.
Strictly used as a filling cream, the hazelnut cream combines well with other flavours except maybe sourness.
Smooth silky orange cream. Can also be used as a warm sauce for ice cream.
Its refined taste and texture surpasses the mousse variant.
Chocolate lovers are going to appreciate the aroma coming from this one.
Pastry cream is very versatile as it combines well with many flavours. But you may enjoy it as an individual dessert too!