Fraises au vin rouge or strawberries in red wine is usually served very cold.
If sangria is your thing then this strawberry "punch" is something you might want to try.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 500 g strawberries (cut in dice sized parts)
- 20 cl red table wine (very cold)
- 110 g fine sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 cl water
- Fresh mint leafs and/or a sprinkle of ground cinnamon (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream (optional: 1 scoop for each serving)
- Rinse the strawberries thoroughly under cold water. Don't dry with cloth. Cut in dice sized parts.
- Put the strawberries in a bowl and add the sugar. Mix gently with a wooden spatula. Let it rest for 10 minutes to let the sugar draw some juice.
- Mix gently again before to add the cold wine and water.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix the wine-strawberry briefly. Cover bowl.
- Put in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Make sure the frig temperature is 3 to 4°C.
- Serve in 4 small bowls or soup plates. Garnish with mint leafs.
- Optional: Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Tools used: Bowl, scale, wooden spatula, small bowls or soup plates.
Strawberries in Wine