Almond Turron Mousse
One of the finest turron mousse recipes. It resembles a creamy nougat. Very tasty!
Ingredients for approx. 500 g mousse:
- 165 g soft almond turron
- 30 cl cream (ice cold)
- 6 cl full milk (ice cold)
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp icing sugar.
- 4 cl sugar syrup (density 1.26 = 1 part water to ±1.5 part sugar)
- 2 gelatin sheets
- For the whip cream, put a metal mixing bowl in the freezer for 30 minutes, before starting. If you prefer not to wait, fill a bowl with 2 hands of ice cubes with some water. Put the metal mixing bowl over the ice cubes.
- Pour in the cream, milk and beat with hand mixer at highest speed. Add the 2 table spoons of icing sugar and continue mixing until very thick and creamy. Stop beating otherwise it may turn into butter. Put the whip cream in the refrigerator.
- Let the gelatin sheets soak in cold water for about 10 minutes.
- Using a fork, break the turron (must be at room temperature) apart until granulated. Add some whip cream from the frig and mash until it's a thick paste.
- In a bain-marie, beat the egg yolks energetically with sugar syrup. Keep beating until thick. Add the softened gelatin sheets and dissolve. Take it off the bain-marie and continue beating until almost cold. You should now have a pale yellow, consistent cream.
- Add the yolk cream to the turron paste and lightly mix using a whisk.
- Scoop the whip cream over the turron. Fold from under to over, toward the center, until you have a homogeneous mousse. Refrigerate!
Tools used: Whisk, metal mixing bowl, hand mixer, silicone spatula, sieve.